Now, with a simple drag and drop you can create a person record in Loxo. Here is how:
- Download the PDF from LinkedIn (or any PDF you have). Press "More..." on the profile then "Save to PDF":
2. Physically drag and drop the downloaded PDF with your mouse or track pad into Loxo:
3. Most information will parse over. But you can update whatever you would like. You can even add them to a job. Then press "Create":
Ta-da! You've successfully created a person record in Loxo.
Frequently Asked Questions about Drag and Drop
Does the picture come over?
YES! If a picture is available, it will automatically be added. On the rare occasion one is not available, you can still manually add a picture to a profile in Loxo:
- Save the profile picture from LinkedIn or wherever you have it to your computer.
- Navigate to the person's profile in Loxo and hit edit.
- Then press "Choose Profile Picture"
- Select the image from your computer and upload.
- Hit Save.
Can I add someone to a job from this screen?
Yes! You can add someone directly to a job from the import screen. Simply start typing the name of the job and select from the drop down list
Does the Location come over?
Yes, the location should come over if it is available. If it is not, you can simply copy and paste the location.
Should I be using this instead of clicking on the owl extension?
We recommend switching to the drag and drop method as it will eliminate data entry.
My downloaded PDF automatically opens so I can't drag and drop. What should I do?
Try changing your download settings. On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under the "Downloads" section, adjust your download settings: To change the default download location, click Change and select where you'd like your files to be saved.
Does the drag and drop feature identify duplicates?
Duplicate records will not be recognized before you create the profile. However, they will be highlighted after the person is imported and you can choose to merge once the profile has been created.