If you are doing a data migration with your Loxo onboarding one of the key things you will be asked to help with is your data mapping!
Shortly after you have uploaded your data to Loxo and the team has started to process you data you will be sent a link to your agency's mapping by your account manager. This link is unique to your agency and is meant to help our team map your fields from your old ATS to Loxo. Once you finish the form and hit save at the end of each section be sure to let your account manager know!
Depending on which ATS you came from (PCR, Bullhorn, BigBiller, etc.) this link might look a little different and you might not have some of the listed items, but the ultimate goal is to help our team understand what needs to be brought over to Loxo and where it should go!
Activity Type Mapping
Your Loxo Hiring Pipeline is probably the most import customization to your Loxo account. The categories and subcategories that you have here are reportable and filterable in Loxo. They are also important for tracking your team's progress in jobs, notes, and actions within the system.
1) Make sure to customize your pipeline in Loxo. Admins can do this under Settings > Custom Workflows
2) Map your old activity types to Loxo! Your data export will include ALL activity types that you had in your old system so you might see some that you barely use or don't recognize at all. In the Loxo Type Name field use the drop down to map what the activity types in your old system should be in Loxo.
Note: You can map multiple activity types to one stage in Loxo. So if you are wanting to simplify your note types from your old system this is a great time to do that by mapping multiple different activities to one stage type in Loxo. For example we often see teams with a General Note activity type and they map all miscellaneous activity types there.
3) Uncheck any types that you do not want to bring over. Be careful before unchecking any activity types because that means we will not bring over any of those activity types from your old ATS. Only uncheck an activity type if you are positive that you do not want to bring over any historical information from that type.
4) Save! You must hit save at the end of each section on this page, not just at the end fo the page.
Custom Field Mapping
People and Company custom fields are one of the best ways to filter your database by the categories that are important for your team! You likely had a lot of fields in your last ATS that we do not have in Loxo out-of-the-box so that is why we ask you to help us create them for you here! This section represents all custom data fields that you had before, that we do not have built in fields for in Loxo. All other data fields that have a field already built in Loxo will come over automatically, so don't expect to see all data here! For example, people, jobs, companies, events and their associations (emails, phones, education history, work history, candidates) will all come over during the migration, but will not be present in the custom type mapping section.
1) Review the list of fields that we found in your export. These are the fields that we found in your export and believe are going to require a new custom field.
2) Name your fields. We took a best guess on what the field should be named, but you might want to rename these.
3) Migrated Field. You are likely going to want to bring over most or all of these fields, but if you find some fields that you know you will not want in Loxo then go ahead and uncheck this box.
3) Custom Field. By default we are going to put all of this custom field information in the Bio section of a person's profile. Therefore if you want this information to be mapped to a custom field in Loxo (ex: preferences, relocation, status, etc). then you will want to check the Is Custom Field? box. This means that we will create a new custom field on the right hand side of a person's profile to put this data into.
4) Custom Field Type. If you did select Custom Field checkbox then you need to choose a field type. Do you want this new custom field to be a text, number, date, or hierarchy (drop-down list) field? This is important for how you want to be able to filter your data.
5) Click Save at the bottom of this section.
Customizing your job details is also an important part of your account set up and is something to include in your data mapping.
1) Customize your jobs under Settings > Customize.
2) Map each of your previous ATS's Job Statuses and Job Types to Loxo.
3) Click Save!
Once you have made all edits to your data mapping link and clicked save on each of the different sections, be sure to email your account manager to let them know they can continue with the rest of your migration. Depending on the size of you database migrations typically take 2-4 weeks.