Whether they are candidates, contacts, or companies, you can easily merge duplicate records in your Loxo system. Merging two records will merge all contact info, activity history, tags, details into one profile. In order for a duplicate to be identified and merged, there must be a similar name and one of the following:
An identical email, or
An identical LinkedIn URL.
You have the option to disable/enable auto-merge for contacts who have an identical email address/LinkedIn profile. Settings > Customizations > Auto-Merge.
Check out Dan's quick training video.
How to Merge Multiple Records:
1. To do this, select the two records you want to merge from your People Grid or Companies Grid as shown below.
2. Then select Merge Records in your right-hand more "..."
3. You can choose which record you want to keep, meaning which is the most up to date record? A person can only have on name, current title, current company and current location. The profile you choose to "Keep" will keep those current data points.
4. Click merge.
5. We will then ask you to acknowledge and confirm that you would like to merge. You will need to check both boxes and type your name as listed in the box:
6. Once both boxes are checked and your name is entered correctly, the merge button will turn red. You may then click merge!
Depending on how old the profiles are and how much data/history and notes are in each profile it can take a few minutes for all of the data to appear on one profile.
How to Manage Duplicates Step-by-Step Sequence:
Click on the gear icon at the upper right and choose Duplicates from the drop-down menu.
2. Click on the name of the duplicate record on the left.
3. Choose which duplicate record you want to keep. A person can only have one name, current title, current company and current location. The profile you choose to keep will retain those current data points. Use the Delete button on the right to delete records you do not wish to keep. Use the Mark As Not a Duplicate button on the right to keep multiple records for people who happen to have the same name. Use the Merge Records button to merge the duplicate records' information into one.
Note: Depending on how old the profiles are, and how much data/history and notes are in each profile, it can take a few minutes for all of the data to appear on one profile.