Whether they are candidates, contacts, or companies, you can easily merge duplicate records in your Loxo system. Merging two records will merge all contact info, activity history, tags, and details into one profile. In order for a duplicate to be identified and merged, there must be a similar name and one of the following:
An identical email
An identical URL for LinkedIn, Twitter "X," GitHub, or Facebook.
Enable/Disable Auto-Merge for People:
You have the option to enable/disable auto-merge for people who have an identical email address or LinkedIn profile and similar name in Settings > Data Enrichment > Auto-Merge Person Duplicates. Once auto-merge has been enabled, it auto-merges profiles that match the above criteria moving forward. It does not retro-merge duplicates.
Auto-merge makes the oldest profile the main profile and will merge all the newer data from the duplicates into the main profile.
How to Merge Multiple Records:
1. To do this, select the records you want to merge from your People Grid or Companies Grid as shown below.
2. Then select Merge in the upper left corner.
3. You can choose which record you want to keep, and we recommend choosing the most up-to-date record. A person can only have one name, current title, current company, and current location. The profile you choose to "Keep" will keep those current data points.
4. Click merge.
5. We will then ask you to acknowledge and confirm that you want to merge. You will need to check both boxes as listed in the box:
6. Once both boxes are checked, the merge button will turn red. You may then click merge!
Depending on how old the profiles are and how much data, history, and notes are in each profile, it can take a few minutes for all of the data to appear on one profile.
How to Manage Duplicates Step-by-Step Sequence:
Click on your initials icon (or your profile picture if you've uploaded one) at the bottom left and choose Duplicates from the pop-up menu.
2. Click on the name of the duplicate record on the left.
3. Choose which duplicate record you want to keep (we recommend choosing the most up-to-date profile). A person can only have one name, current title, current company, and current location. The profile you choose to keep will retain those current data points. Use the Delete button on the right to delete records you do not wish to keep. Use the Mark As Not a Duplicate button on the right to keep multiple records for people who happen to have the same name. Use the Merge Records button to merge the duplicate records' information into one.
Note: Depending on how old the profiles are, and how much data, history, and notes are in each profile, it can take a few minutes for all of the data to appear on one profile.